All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Spending the Sports Premium funding:
We believe in a holistic approach to the development of sport and physical activity for all and encourage collaboration and partnership working to make the best use of resources and enhance PE and sport provision in order to raise participation and achievement for all pupils.
We regularly undertake a PE and School Sport audit and have created a Sports Premium Action Plan to raise standards and participation levels in PE throughout the school.
The allocation of Sports Premium grant and outcomes can be seen here:
Our rationale for the use of Sports Premium funding, which the Governors have agreed and Parent Forum have been consulted on, are that it must be used so that:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
- the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments with other schools
- we make use of collaborative and partnership working
- any spending / investment must have a legacy and / or be sustainable
The impact of Sports Premium funding is reported to the school governing body.