KS1 Teaching Assistant
KS1 Teaching Assistant - one year only 25 hours term time plus one
There may be the opportunity for additional MSA hours.
We are looking for a hard working and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our fantastic school. You may be a graduate wanting to gain experience for a career in teaching, an experienced teaching assistant or someone with limited experience who is passionate to work in schools.
The successful candidate will ensure that children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment. We have great facilities and are committed to delivering a creative curriculum, planning for child initiated learning.
If you have:
- Good organisational skills
- A high level of written and oral skills
- Experience of working with children with ASD (desirable)
- A commitment to outdoor learning, whatever the weather (we have wonderful on site and off site outdoor classrooms)
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- High expectations of yourself and others
- An understanding of child initiated learning
- A “muck in” and “can do” approach
- A positive attitude and sense of humour
- A love of dogs (we have school dogs who work across the school) and chocolate (always in the top drawer for those more difficult days)
….we would love to hear from you!
Many of our teaching assistants have used our school as a stepping stone to starting a career in teaching or speech therapy.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer visits to the school but do take a look at our school website.
Please download and complete a Support Staff application form from the website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have not been requested for interview by 13th August please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought as well as proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
"This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations."
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 16th July 2021 however we may interview earlier than this so early applications are welcomed.