CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
From: As soon as possible
Graduate HLTA GR9005
- Scale F 37 hours a week ( term time plus 1)
Due to one of our HLTAs gaining an exciting new post, we are looking for a graduate or an experienced HLTA who is an outstanding team player to join our fantastic school. You will be attached to Year 3 but may be required to work from Nursery through to Year 6; you will be covering PPA and staff absence, supporting in class and taking small groups and working 1-1 when necessary.
The successful candidate will ensure that children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment. We have fantastic facilities (including a cookery room, a hall, separate dance studio and 2 libraries) and we are committed to delivering a creative curriculum.
Many of our teaching assistants have used our school as a stepping stone into a career in teaching or speech and language or have been experienced teachers who have wanted to rekindle their love of teaching; during 2018/19 five of our HLTAs moved into teaching/ teacher training. This post would be ideal experience for someone wanting to start their teacher training in Sept 2020; we have supported two exceptional HLTAs through teacher training this year based at Queen’s Hill and our partner school in London.
If you are interested please demonstrate the following essential qualities through your application form:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- Experience of working in a primary school
- An understanding of child initiated learning
- Excellent literacy skills (handwritten and using IT)
- Confidence (the teacher and teaching assistant work as a team and you will be covering absence and some PPA sessions across the school)
- Speech and language experience (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of working with additional needs
- An understanding of outdoor learning (desirable)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please ring the school office to arrange a time to come and see us. If you have not been requested for interview by 30th September please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We may interview suitable candidates ahead of the closing date so early applications are recommended.
Please download and complete a Support Staff application form from the Norfolk Schools website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the school address.
Closing Date: Friday 13th September 2019