Today we had a Spanish theme, we made Spanish tortilla and roasted red pepper couscous salad. The children worked together so well. We definitely have some future chefs here at QHPS! Please have a look at the recipes we used…
Today was our first cookery club session. We are linking our recipes to our whole school topic – All Aboard the Language Ship – and we are cooking dishes from around the world. Today we focused on Italy and practised our chopping and sauteing skills to make a pasta sauce. It looked really tasty!
Simple tomato pasta sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tin (400g) crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the onion.
2. Gently fry the onion until translucent and add the garlic.
3. Cook for 1 minute and add the crushed tomatoes and basil.
4. Bring to the boil and add balsamic vinegar.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
7. Toss through cooked pasta and serve.